Request a Transport
NOTE: THIS APPLICATION IS ONLY FOR USE BY RESCUES THAT HAVE ALREADY RECEIVED NOTICE THAT THEY ARE PRE-APPROVED. IF YOU ARE NOT A PRE-APPROVED RESCUE, PLEASE COMPLETE THE STANDARD APPLICATION BY CLICKING ON THE LINK BELOW.
- You will need to complete the transport application found below. We will not begin a run sheet or any other activity until this is received.
- A Transport Coordinator will be in touch with you once your application has been approved to discuss details.
- A couple of days prior to start of transport, the TC will send you a transport confirmation form to complete - this gathers health certificate information for the animals and also confirms dates and locations for pick-up and delivery of the animals. Health certificates are obtained as close to start of transport as possible. Your TC will advise you as to what is required based on the statutory requirements of the states you are traveling through. Note that the certificate period MUST cover THROUGH THE END OF TRANSPORT.
- Let the fun begin. All transports are monitored. You will receive updates as the transport progresses. WARNING: We take pictures, give love, hugs, and kisses to our passengers, passengers may have to endure off-key singing, books on CD/tape, and will be exposed to different music genres, scenery, and commentary from their drivers.
Pre-Approved Rescue/Animal Welfare Organization
Request for Transport
The fine print:
- KHTC reserves the right to refuse the set up of transport to any rescue, organization, or individual. If transport is refused, we will try to explain the reason(s), but are not required to do so.
- Before any out of state transport can occur, the animal MUST be up to date on vaccines as appropriate to the animal's age and in good health, including free from worms, fleas, ticks, and kennel cough. This may require the animal(s) be boarded locally prior to transport.
- ANY EXPENSES INCURRED IN THE PREPARING THE ANIMAL FOR TRANSPORT ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE RESCUE, ORGANIZATION, OR ADOPTER.
- HEALTH CERTIFICATE (HC) IS REQUIRED for any animal crossing state lines. The HC information will be requested prior to transport. The HC must cover the duration of transport.
- If at any time during the transport process (i.e. during the transport "legs", overnight stay, etc.), the animal becomes ill and requires medical attention, it will be up to the sending/receiving parties to take care of any costs incurred. The drivers/overnighters/temp fosters of KHTC will not be held responsible. Although KHTC does not like the idea of any animal being left at a veterinarian's office, if payments for medical issues that occur during transport are not paid at the time of service, we will have to continue with our scheduled transport without your animal.
- I understand that failure to fully disclose medical conditions may result in rejection of this and any future transport applications for all parties concerned.
- While drivers are advised as to the appropriate handling of the animal(s) during transport to ensure their safe arrival to their destination, accidents may happen. In the event an animal is seperated from transport, KHTC will make every effort to return him/her safely to the group. This may include, but is not limited to: notifying local police, animal control, veterinarians, and shelters; recruitment of local volunteers to post signs and assist in a physical search (IF possible). We highly recommend that all animals travel with identifying tags.
- Incomplete forms will not be accepted i.e. Sending Shelter(s)/Receiving Rescues(s) and ALL passenger information. Leave nothing blank.
- Website and vet info (name, phone number, contact person, etc.) must be provided for receiving rescue.
- If the animal(s) is/are going to an approved adoptive home, we must have the name, website, and contact person for the rescue that completed the home visit. Vet reference and personal reference must also be completed.
- ALL animals going to an adoptive home MUST be spayed/neutered unless written form by a licensed vet is provided on letterhead stating medical reasons this cannot be done.
- All original paperwork will need to be sent along with the passengers to hand to the receiving party.
- This is NOT a guarantee of transport. Volunteer transports must have ALL legs filled. The transport goes if legs fill, if it does not fill, it will be rescheduled until filled or until you cancel transport. As stated this is a volunteer organization, therefore, anytime KHTC has to cancel a scheduled transport, we will notify all involved parties.
Kindred Hearts Transport Connection Responsibilities:
- Once the Application is completely filled out and APPROVED, KHTC will begin building the run sheet.
- After the run sheet is complete, it will be posted to KHTC's facebook group page.
- Once the run is filled, all parties will be emailed a final run sheet.
- Every KHTC run is monitored.
- KHTC Volunteers will do everything humanly possible to keep your animal(s) safe during transport.
- If, due to unforseen circumstances, the run is delayed, i.e. the animal became ill, weather is deemed unsafe for travel, acts of war/terrorism, KHTC will do everything in its power to continue the run as soon as it is safe to travel again.
COMPLETING THIS QUESTIONNAIRE DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE ASSISTANCE OF KHTC IN THE TRANSPORT OF THE ANIMAL(S).
BY ELECTRONICALLY SIGNING THIS APPLICATION, YOU AGREE THAT YOU HAVE READ THE TERMS ABOVE AND AGREE TO THEM IN FULL.